Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Is now a good time to buy boohoo shares?

What do you all think about buying Boohoo shares? Part of me thinks if they can sort the mess out it will be fine. But part of me wonders how much its customers will care in the long run and think it's non-ethical? I think of Boohoo now as a business with a bad rep. 

Quote from Sally_Jazz on July 9, 2020, 6:31 pm

What do you all think about buying Boohoo shares? Part of me thinks if they can sort the mess out it will be fine. But part of me wonders how much its customers will care in the long run and think it's non-ethical? I think of Boohoo now as a business with a bad rep. 

They are about where they were pre-lockdown now. Whether they like it or not, they are going to be known as that dodgy seller of clothes. Their next set of results will show the big hit they've taken I expect. Besides, they were growing when Primark was shut and loads of shops. Even now, it's valuation seems way too high £3.5bn. Traders will have fun with this but not investors. 

I have bought some tat from there in the past - it is cheap tat. Perhaps some people just won't care as it's cheap and nasty stuff. But I don't think this is one to hold out for. Like @gazwards added - it was rising when shops were closed. Need to consider that too.

Even £2bn sounds over the top for a business like this that pays people less than minimum wage and nothing special apart from Love Island has been's promoting its stuff online. Anyone can do that.